Learn how to make Namasu by following this simple recipe.
• 1 lb daikon radish, cut into about 2 inch long thin strips
• 1/4 lb carrot, cut into about 2 inch long thin strips
• 3/4 cup dashi soup stock
• 1/3 cup vinegar
• 3 Tbsp sugar
• 1 Tbsp sake
1. Put a pinch of salt over the carrot and daikon and leave for about 20 minutes.
2. Rinse them and squeeze to remove excess water.
3. Put daikon and carrot strips in a large bowl.
4. Put dashi, vinegar, sugar, and sake in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
5. Pour the vinegar mixture over carrot and daikon
Makes 4 servings